Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Ugliest car in the world...

Good readers;
Having shown you the most beautiful car in the world at the Minneapolis Motor show I now feel compelled to show you the Ugliest car in the world at the Minneapolis Motor show. I show you this as a dire warning as to what could happen to you if you pursue a career in automotive design without a decent design education.
Here then I present you the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray concept...

Isn't it just atrocious? Some will say that I should cut Chevvy some slack as it's a concept car. But a concept car should inspire you and fill you with awe not make you want to fill up a sick bag...
I can see where they are trying to go with the design. They are trying to echo the style of the 70's stingray. But oh my god from the front it looks like a skull grinning spookily at you the way a skull does. Don't even get me started on the rear. It looks like a guy who's filled his mouth with food, and his cheeks are about to burst. Then there is those rear light clusters, what are they about?
I hope this car never sees the light of day in this form...

1 comment: