Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pictures



Here you are then. Some pictures of my '76MGB. It was delivered to me yesterday morning, just before noon. So after having been to the registrars office to transfer the title, I set about giving it a good wash and polish. Two and a half hours later this is what I ended up with...
I have to say I was glowing with pride as I polished it up. Especially when my neighbour came over twice to see what was going on. I even caught a few people taking a look as they drove past on the street.

3 comments:

  1. I always loved the MGB...unfortunately I'm just too tall...can't fit in it with the roof up and the upper frame of the windshield crosses right in front of my eyes when the roof is down...:o((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you pick this one, and how did you find it?

    I've been looking all over the internet and there are a lot of choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe: I guess I picked this one because it, for want of a better word, spoke to me. It's a beautiful car and the other one I saw that day was just as nice. But I just preferred this one. Plus it was $850 cheaper .
    I found it on craigslist. I'd been looking for a while on ebay watching prices and seeing what cars went for and I thought I'd only be able to afford an MGMidget. Plus there was very little close to me in Minnesota. But then I started checking craigslist and found a whole new collection of vehicles and much better priced than on fleabay and all in the state too. I could write more but I think I'll do a whole new blog posting instead...

    ReplyDelete